Childbirth Series Preparation
The following topics are covered in our childbirth preparation series:
Mind body connect
- Exploring the pregnant ‘YOU’
- Changes as signs of health not distress.
- Becoming available to self and baby.
- Understanding the role of dad in pregnancy, labour, birth and beyond.
- Breath work as a tool in pregnancy and labour
Sources and resources for pain in labour
Becoming a parent
- Orienting to pregnancy as a practice time for parenting – choices you make.
- Understanding and applying the scope of bonding with the baby in the womb.
Anatomy and Phisology of Labour
- Changes before birth
- Tracking progress through labour
- Continuum of change
- Recognising pre labour change signs
Review of prelabour signs
How labour begin
· Understanding contraction
- Releasing of amniotic fluids
- Home to hospital – when to make the shift
Guided relaxation with imagery for meeting the baby.
Positions for labour – extending the exercise continuum
Importance of movement
Navigating the labour terrain- flow of labour
- Stages and phases of labour
- Physical and emotional sign posts· Signs of progress
- Looking for progress synchronicity
- Rhythm Ritual and Relaxation – Penny Simkin
Massage and touch
Birthing in a hospital – active Management
· What is your birth preferences
- What are your caregivers preferences
- Questions to ask your doctor – getting a realistic picture
- Bridging the gap – need of the baby
Challenging labour patterns and resources
- When, why and how
Conscious agreement in labour and birth
The baby arrives!
· Vaginal – birthing the baby not delivery
- Understanding need for intervention
- Cord clamping and early contact
Meeting the need of new mother, baby and family
- Miracle hour
Knowing the amazing new born
· Understanding the baby’s default
- Meeting the baby’s needs